Monday, December 3, 2012

Character Model Design (drawing)

As a fair warning, I'm a fairly novice art person.  We are doing a very short animation and as such, we designed a story and some characters.

Below is one of the main characters.  First, I did about 6 sketches, which resulted in throwing out the first 5 simply because they didn't look... acceptable.

Anyways, I scanned in the original pencil sketch, but as expected, it was really difficult to see anything, so we went ahead and inked them on paper, then put them up here.

This is, more or less, the design for this character model.




We'll be sending these over to Illustrator next and drawing this young lady in a whole lotta frames and getting her ready for animation in Toon Boom Studio.  If I have time, I'll do a color skit and try out various colors, but due to time constraints on this project, that will be one of the last things I do.

Naturally, she'll start looking more refined (in the cartoony way of course) as I get better at drawing this over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment